Friday, May 31, 2013

May was Action Month

Highlights for chemotherapy this month:
  1. Started chemo, had allergic reaction to the Etoposide, while treating the reaction, I was accidentally overdosed on Epinephrine. I thought I was going to die. HR stayed around 120bpm and BP was 220/110. ER Trip #1 with overnight stay. Hoping for no longterm side effects.
  2. Restarted chemo cycle a week later with Etopophos (Etoposide Phosphorus).
  3. Weight swing (down) of fifteen pounds put me in the ER (Trip #2) because my temperature spiked to 101.8 (over 100.4 I have to go to ER for possible septic infection). That was a two day hospital visit.
  4. Back in ER (Trip #3) for chest pains, which turned out to be a panic attack.
  5. I managed to do a couple of light runs and get in some two light and one respectable CrossFit workout.
  6. Started second cycle of chemo this week. More fatigue and nausea this time around.

No comments: